TransMac for Windows can read, write and format Macintosh CD-ROM, hard drives, high density diskettes and most removable drives (FireWire/IEEE 1394, USB, Iomega, Zip, Jaz, Clik, SyQuest, optical, etc.).
- Read and write Mac format CDs, DVDs, hard drives, high density floppy diskettes and most removable drives
- Supports most drive interface types including USB, IDE, ATAPI, FireWire (IEEE1394), SCSI, etc
- Supports both standard HFS (Mac OS Standard) and HFSX/HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) format disks
- Copy, rename and delete files and folders
- Create Mac format CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, etc.
- Burn disk image files (dmg, img, iso, image)
- Format disks for use on Mac
- Search Mac disks for specific files by type, creator or extension
- Read Mac multisession and hybrid CDs
- Automatic file type/extension mapping between platforms
- Open and preview Mac and PC files directly from TransMac
- Display and change Mac type and creator information
- Create and open file based Mac volume images including most dmg compressed images
- Save and restore images of entire disks